DUST Identity provides security, integrity, and traceability to the world’s supply chains. DUST, or Diamond Unclonable Security Tag, uses diamond particles as unique and unclonable markers on individual items. Think of a barcode, but invisible, unfalsifiable, and made with diamonds! With DUST, customers can ensure that every physical object — whether an airplane part, microprocessor, or priceless work of art — is verified, authenticated, and ultimately, trusted.
DUST Identity is a fast-growing venture-backed startup at the intersection of innovations in materials, hardware, and software. DUST Identity is looking for new team members who are eager to take on the challenge of building the industry standard for physical object identification and security.
We’re looking for a dynamic, energetic, and well-rounded Director of Marketing to help us shape the future of our physical products. The main objectives of this role are to generate an incremental pipeline for existing and new products and services, to leverage tactical messaging to influence the marketplace, to capture new prospects and deeper share of wallet in current customers, and to generate, nurture and convert the pipeline while building the foundation for a scalable marketing team and be part of the Go-To-Market team.
Reporting to the SVP of Revenue and Go-To-Market, you are responsible for designing, executing, and managing all marketing activities, campaigns, and projects that produce and maintain revenue via growing new prospects and maintaining our relationship with existing customers. The scope of your responsibility includes all online and offline marketing programs including web strategy, events, webinars, content syndication, lead nurturing, and participation in our branding and PR strategy. You will develop highly effective and creative inbound and outbound demand generation programs across all channels and key market verticals, successfully taking programs from concept to execution to ROI analysis to drive not only leads but qualified pipeline growth. You are the right candidate if you understand how to develop creative integrated marketing campaigns that optimize the flow of qualified leads to sales and thrive on the metrics and processes of B2B marketing.
In this leadership role, you will work especially closely with the Sales, Product Management, and Account Management teams. You not only are required to think on a strategic level but also must be hands-on in driving marketing programs.
- Lead a team to establish quarterly marketing lead generation and opportunity creation strategy, working closely with sales to deliver not only marketing-qualified leads per agreed-upon targets but also a pipeline of warm/hot opportunities
- Manage marketing metrics and ROI analysis, working with cross-functional teams to manage and present monthly, quarterly and annual results on marketing revenue performance.
- Strategically integrate and leverage demand generation tactics and tools, including email, web seminars, events, search engine marketing, and PR
- Create and develop integrated programs and campaigns in alignment with new product launches, existing product upsell and cross-sales, and new market development
- Leverage demand generation tools and resources for campaigns, programs, and reporting purposes
- Ensure sales has all the needed tools and training to drive pipeline to close
- Communicate and collaborate with all other stakeholders including product management, sales, customer success account management, and finance.
- Assist in developing a strategy for, and support of, overall company branding and awareness as part of the overall marketing initiatives and lead gen programs
- Actively solicit input from key stakeholders regarding new demand generation and campaign plan requirements
- Provide support for external events, including trade shows, conferences, analyst presentations, etc.
- Aggressively review and stay abreast of market trends through all available resources, including trade publications, third-party market reports, direct customer contact, participation in industry conferences/expos/trade shows, etc.
- Build and manage web presence and identity
The ideal candidate:
- Has extensive experience in B2B Marketing in the Aerospace and technology space with a proven track record of successful global inbound and outbound demand generation program creation, execution, measurement, analysis, and reporting across channels, products, and verticals.
- Has a history of setting goals that are met and exceeded
- Has a solid understanding of how to optimize lead nurturing, lead scoring, and marketing program spending.
- Has managed a team of 2+ experienced demand generation professionals responsible for our portfolio of programs, including email marketing, lead nurturing, webinars, events, etc and is familiar with automation tools
- Has a proven track record of measuring, improving, and hitting the targeted ROI of marketing investments
- Is not above digging in and doing the required work alongside the team that the candidate builds over time and within the agreed budget
- Is an exceptionally strong analytical thinker who thrives in fast-paced dynamic environments and has very strong communication and presentation skills
- Is a person who gets excited about building companies, building wealth, and making a difference
- 3+ years of leadership experience in marketing and demand generation, including email and database marketing, content marketing, sponsorships, events, etc
- Experience managing a marketing team of 2+ people
- Demonstrated results in improving sales pipeline/funnel close ratios
- Understanding of CRM and marketing automation systems
- SaaS experience preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to influence others without formal authority
- Excellent written and oral communication skills as well as PowerPoint (or other presentation software) and Excel (or Google Spreadsheet or the like) skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines despite the inevitable need for juggling that exists in a fast-paced, young company environment
- Bachelor’s Degree required
Details You Should Know:
- Start Date: Immediately
- Must have legal right to work in the United States without restrictions or time limitations
- Location: Boston/Newton Preferred, Open to Remote Candidates
- Compensation: Market Competitive + Equity
- Travel: <20%
- DUST Identity is an equal opportunity employer