DUST Identity provides security, integrity, and traceability to the world’s supply chains. DUST, or Diamond Unclonable Security Tag, uses diamond particles as unique and unclonable markers on individual items. Think of a barcode, but invisible, unfalsifiable, and made with diamonds! With DUST, customers can ensure that every physical object — whether an airplane part, microprocessor, or priceless work of art — is verified, authenticated, and ultimately, trusted.
DUST Identity is a fast-growing venture-backed startup at the intersection of innovations in materials, hardware, and software. DUST Identity is looking for new team members who are eager to take on the challenge of building the industry standard for physical object identification and security.
We are seeking an Electrical Engineer to join the Hardware & Materials team (known at DUST as the Atoms). The Atoms team works to develop scanning and diamond tagging technology that is at the heart of our innovative solution and directly affects the success of the company and our impact in the world. You will work directly on improving our scanning and tagging technology.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Play a key role in the development of the next generation of DUST scanners and improve the design of current scanners.
- Creatively use design and engineering knowledge to create improved DUST tag application methods and also support hardware development for DUST Materials research and processing.
- Efficiently design, plan, coordinate, and execute experiments from early phase de-risking through manufacturing scale verification and validation.
- Apply fundamental engineering principles in combination with a creative mindset & critical thinking to develop novel ideas and then quickly de-risk ideas to understand feasibility/viability.
Participate as an active member of cross-functional project teams comprised of individuals from a variety of disciplines, including Operations, Engineering, Procurement, and QA
What You’ll Bring:
- BS in Electrical Engineering or Mechatronics
- 3+ years of relevant experience in Research & Development or a technical role; experience at in both a startup environment and a larger corporation is a plus
- Ability to thrive in a fast-pace environment, contributing to multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong collaboration skills in a matrixed environment
- Must be passionate and driven, yet flexible and willing to embrace ambiguity and changing business priorities
- Anticipate challenges and take initiative to develop and pursue alternate solutions as appropriate
- Communicate (written or orally) complex messages clearly & concisely and in a manner appropriate to various audiences
- Experience with simple circuit design, layout (Altium or EAGLE preferred), assembly, testing, arduino programming, python scripting, and electronics troubleshooting
- Rapid electronics prototyping and general prototyping
Nice to have:
- Experience with statistics, data science, and data analysis
- Some experience with databases (SQL or equivalent)
What You Should Know:
- Start Date: Immediately
- Must have legal right to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Location: Framingham, MA
- Compensation: Market Competitive + Equity
- Travel: No
- DUST Identity is an equal opportunity employer.
What We Offer:
- Award-winning startup with a product that matters
- An abundance of snacks/coffee
- Medical, dental, vision, LTD, and life insurance
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Casual dress
In accordance with client requirements on DUST Identity, new employees will be required to provide proof of vaccination or exempt status prior to starting employment.