We are a venture-backed fast-growing organization that is driven by the desire to provide much needed security, integrity, and traceability to the world’s supply chains. Working with high profile organizations to implement a 1-of-a-kind solution we are able to directly impact the ability to trust and secure a supply chain. We do this by giving fingerprints to things without fingers, if fingerprints were made out of diamonds! DUST, or Diamond Unclonable Security Tag, uses diamond particles as unique and unclonable markers on physical individual items.
We are looking for a highly motivated Senior Aerospace & Defense (A&D) Sales Executive to join our team. This person will drive DUST’s adoption in the Aerospace & Defense sector and make it their personal mission to help our clients’ (and country) secure and trust their supply chain data.
Our new colleague will be a creative thinker who is sick of one-size fits all sales because you have the proven track records of evolving your sales strategy to unique organizations and identifying creative opportunities that help to drive the direction of an organization. This team member puts aligning clients needs and our solutions above all else to ensure a mutually beneficial engagement that outlast any one relationship.
Our new colleague will have demonstrable experience leading software sales strategies showcasing their expertise in the aerospace industry. ,. This individual is excited to showcase their ability to evaluate and pursue opportunities by curating informed strategies from research, experience, and creative entrepreneurial thinking. This individual welcomes ambitious quotas, cross-functional collaboration and embracing the technical/scientific side of what we do.
The A&D Sales Executive’s primary responsibility is to identify, qualify, and close new A&D customers for DUST Identity. Along the way, they will work as part of an interdisciplinary go-to-market team to quantify the benefits of DUST in various applications and shape external messaging to accelerate customer adoption.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage all phases of the sales cycle from discovery through contracts
- Efficiently vet leads, identify decision makers, and generate a pipeline of qualified prospects
- Study the prospect’s requirements and identify opportunities where DUST can help them to achieve their goals. Deliver sales pitches, product demos, and other valuable data to potential prospects in a way that promotes DUST Identity’s brand, value propositions, and helps the audience solidify their need for the product
- Present clear verbal and written technical explanations to customers, tailoring content and style to the audience and sector
- Be the customers’ trusted advisor for information on the benefits, design, installation, and operation of DUST systems
- Collaborate effectively with other team members to ensure a holistic/cross-functional approach to address our customers needs
- Meet or exceed sales targets for closed business
- Accurately forecast opportunities and update the CRM
What You Bring:
- Prior start-up experience and mindset, willing and able to create pipelines, build structure and support building the GTM materials
- Bachelor’s degree in business or a STEM field
- 10+ years of sales experience in B2G and B2B sectors - electronic hardware and components, cybersecurity, and digital transformation tools
- Experience selling products with both hardware and software components is preferred
- Established track record of meeting sales targets in any of the following sectors: electronics, hardware security, cybersecurity, or supply chain risk management
- Solid understanding of the A&D ecosystem, the acquisition process and the rollout of high technology products within critical industries, including phased agreements
- Strong negotiation skills
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to clearly respond to solicitations
- Proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Creativity, curiosity, and a desire to solve customer problems
- Understanding of trends in supply chain management technologies is a bonus
Details You Should Know:
- Start Date: Immediately
- Must have legal right to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Location: Newton, MA or Remote
- Travel: 30-60%
- Compensation: Market Competitive + Commission + Equity
- DUST Identity is an equal opportunity employer
What We Offer:
- Award-winning startup with a product that matters
- Competitive compensation program
- Equity- we want you to think like an owner, so we’re making you one
- Medical, dental, vision, LTD, and life insurance
- Flexible paid time off policy
- What’s a startup without an abundance of snacks/coffee