DUST Identity provides security, integrity, and traceability to the world’s supply chains. DUST, or Diamond Unclonable Security Tag, uses diamond particles as unique and unclonable markers on individual items. Think of a barcode, but invisible, unfalsifiable, and made with diamonds! With DUST, customers can ensure that every physical object — whether an airplane part, microprocessor, or priceless work of art — is verified, authenticated, and ultimately, trusted.
DUST Identity is a fast-growing venture-backed startup at the intersection of innovations in materials, hardware, and software. DUST Identity is looking for new team members who are eager to take on the challenge of building the industry standard for physical object identification and security.
We’re looking for a dynamic, energetic, and well-rounded Materials & Hardware Product Manager to help us shape the future of our physical products. You will translate feature requirements from the market, sales team and key customers into detailed definitions for our development team to create the best innovative solutions. The purpose of this position is to lead, define and refine DUST’s hardware and material platforms, working very closely with partners and development teams to deliver a winning offering.
Your contributions will include the following:
- Define our product roadmap and technical/feature specifications based on a long-term product vision, a deep understanding of technical & market trends and platform capabilities, and build exceptional experiences and features that address real user needs.
- Become a driver of iterative development, working with our customers as well as cross-functional teams to hypothesize, measure impact, and learn from previous releases to iterate on future roadmap plans.
- Work closely with Customer Success and Sales teams to collaborate and to incorporate their feedback into the product roadmap and facilitate their work.
- Drive the execution of the product vision through product delivery, company enablement, and market adoption.
- Engage customers, prospects, partners, and industry resources to determine business requirements, technical considerations, and strategic objectives.
What You Bring
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in materials science or a related field) or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years in product management with demonstrated business impact delivered by experience in one or more of the following areas: coatings, adhesives, films, and/or composite materials. Experience with optical, opto-electronic, and/or electromechanical systems preferred but not required.
- Experience driving all aspects of the product development lifecycle such as product vision, go-to-market strategy, product testing oversight, driving requirements, and product launch.
- Experience extracting actionable product requirements from user feedback, user testing, internal/external feature requests, and performance requirements, as well as other forms of formal and informal product feedback.
- Demonstrated ability to dive deep into technology with the engineering teams to understand the trade-offs and complexities between desirable features and realities of execution.
- Experience with analyzing, presenting options to the business, and implementing monetization strategy is desirable.
- Analyze the competitive landscape to provide insights that help us evolve our product roadmap and business strategy.
- Excellent communication skills to advocate for initiatives internally and externally and for effective communication with executive management and external partners.
Details You Should Know
- Start Date: Immediately
- Must have legal right to work in the United States without restrictions or time limitations
- Location: Newton, MA
- Compensation: Market Competitive + Equity
- Travel: <20%
- DUST Identity is an equal opportunity employer
What We Offer
- Award-winning startup with a product that matters
- An abundance of snacks/coffee
- Medical, dental, vision, LTD, and life insurance
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Casual dress