DUST Identity provides security, integrity, and traceability to the world’s supply chains. DUST, or Diamond Unclonable Security Tag, uses diamond particles as unique and unclonable markers on individual items. Think of a barcode, but invisible, unfalsifiable, and made with diamonds! With DUST, customers can ensure that every physical object — whether an airplane part, microprocessor, or priceless work of art — is verified, authenticated, and ultimately, trusted.
DUST Identity is a fast-growing venture-backed startup at the intersection of innovations in materials, hardware, and software. DUST Identity is looking for new team members who are eager to take on the challenge of building the industry standard for physical object identification and security.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the DUST Authentication Engine team, you will be a focal point for developing and scaling the underlying diamond security technology for rapidly growing customer needs. You’ll work with everyone from R&D to the customer facing product team to materialize new solutions for growing data sets and multiple process integrations. As part of our collaborative, team-centric approach, you will also work with our hardware, materials, and R&D groups on various cross-discipline projects. Alongside the day-to-day work, you will be a key part of growing the engineering and company processes and culture.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Own the architecture and implementation of core DUST technologies.
- Increase the scalability and reliability of DUST’s tag identification service.
- Work closely with R&D, providing tools and support for algorithm development.
- Exercise your expertise in our codebase, both contributing to existing design patterns and leading the formation of new design patterns based on your knowledge and prior experience.
- Increase value to customers as well as internal team members through improvements to the product’s functionality, usability, and performance.
- Collaborate with members across both the software team and the entire organization to understand customer needs and system constraints.
- Test and release reliable, reusable and performant code.
- Mentor early-career team members.
What You Bring
- 5+ years of experience working on cloud based distributed systems leveraging microservice architectures.
- Excitement about creatively and collaboratively tackling hard problems with increasingly large data sets and critical timing.
- Strong programming background incorporating efficient data structures and proven paradigms in Python.
- Demonstrated leadership and/or technical excellence within an existing software organization.
- Discipline and adherence to test-driven design.
- Passion for learning and tackling the unknown.
- PostgreSQL + SQLAlchemy + Alembic
- Red Hat
Details You Should Know
- Start Date: Immediately
- Must have legal right to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Location: Framingham, MA
- Compensation: Market Competitive + Equity
- Travel: <5%
- DUST Identity is an equal opportunity employer.
What We Offer
- Award-winning startup with a product that matters
- An abundance of snacks/coffee
- Medical, dental, vision, LTD, and life insurance
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Casual dress