DUST Identity provides security, integrity, and traceability to the world’s supply chains. DUST, or Diamond Unclonable Security Tag, uses diamond particles as unique and unclonable markers on individual items. Think of a barcode, but invisible, unfalsifiable, and made with diamonds! With DUST, customers can ensure that every physical object — whether an airplane part, microprocessor, or priceless work of art — is verified, authenticated, and ultimately, trusted.
DUST Identity is a fast-growing venture-backed startup at the intersection of innovations in materials, hardware, and software. DUST Identity is looking for new team members who are eager to take on the challenge of building the industry standard for physical object identification and security.
We are seeking a Technical Writer to join our team. As part of the Operations team, this individual will be primarily responsible for customer-facing technical product documentation. They will collaborate with Sales, Product Management, and Engineering to generate and maintain a wide library of documentation and reports, both standard and tailored to specific customer contracts.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Author complex technical and/or non-technical procedural, instructional, system operation and user documentation, including but not limited to:
- Technical Data Sheets and Product Line Cards
- Product Release Notes
- User Guides, “Quick Start Guides”, and Instructions for Use
- Security Documentation
- Standard Operating Procedures and Work Instructions for clients
- Client-defined reports in work program deliverables
- Collaborate with client project managers and internal SMEs to customize the documentation where necessary and assist in executing project documentation on time.
- Own documentation projects from start to finish, with minimal supervision
- Revise or develop standardized formats and templates that meet documentation requirements and organizational needs
- Assist in developing and subsequently managing a robust document audit program
What You Bring
- 5+ years in a technical writing role, at least 3 of which should be in a professional, non-academic capacity
- A bachelor degree in a STEM field
- Strong writing/editing skills, command of English grammar, and attention to detail
- Excellent people skills; able to work with internal and external teams of varying sizes, technical abilities, and levels of authority
- Ability to learn and explain practical engineering and programming concepts and procedures
- Passion to develop and document creative examples of functionality to help users meet real-world business goals
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe
Details You Should Know
- Start Date: Immediately
- Must have legal right to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Location: Framingham, MA; remote optional
- Compensation: Market Competitive + Equity
- Travel: None
- DUST Identity is an equal opportunity employer.
What We Offer
- Award-winning startup with a product that matters
- An abundance of snacks/coffee
- Medical, dental, vision, LTD, and life insurance
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Casual dress
In accordance with client requirements on DUST Identity, new employees will be required to provide proof of vaccination or exempt status prior to starting employment.