DUST Identity provides security, integrity, and traceability to the world’s supply chains. DUST, or Diamond Unclonable Security Tag, uses diamond particles as unique and unclonable markers on individual items. Think of a barcode, but invisible, unfalsifiable, and made with diamonds! With DUST, customers can ensure that every physical object — whether an airplane part, microprocessor, or priceless work of art — is verified, authenticated, and ultimately, trusted.
DUST Identity is a fast-growing venture-backed startup at the intersection of innovations in materials, hardware, and software. DUST Identity is looking for new team members who are eager to take on the challenge of building the industry standard for physical object identification and security.
DUST Identity is seeking a Junior Sales Engineer to join our collaborative and multifaceted Go-To-Market team. As a Junior Sales Engineer you will be working with the Account or Channel Management that owns development and execution of technology strategy. Helping to demonstrate and design solutions that meet customer needs and beat the competition. You will develop strong relationships with the sales team, internal engineering, and key technical customer contacts and leveraged to Dust’s advantage; creates and delivers high-impact solution presentations.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Uses moderate domain/solutions knowledge
- Knowledge of Dust: Utilizes a solid understanding of all Products/Services in business
- Sales Skills: Applies Solution Selling concepts to customer situations; excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Understands policies and practices related to role and shares ideas for improvement
- Business Acumen: Understands and explains how Dust solutions can help customer’s business results; obtains profitable revenue growth via value proposition vs. competition
- Ability to demo Dust solution capabilities and drive customer interface to experience center visits.
- Market/customer Knowledge: Uses full knowledge of customer’s business and market economics /trends to position effectively versus competition
Solution Complexity/Strategic Thinking
- Nature of Problems Solved: Solves routine problems of moderate complexity (e.g. verifying technical compatibility) at the customer level
- Role in Addressing Problems: Understands and resolves problems with support from technical resources
- Complexity of Solutions: Typically medium complexity (e.g. value proposition vs. competition), but may have some complex projects that require unique coordination of technical resources
Freedom to Act
- Level of Guidance: Works under general supervision. Makes decisions of moderate complexity that impact deliverables of projects; exercises judgment in approach, sometimes requiring and assessing tradeoffs
- Takes Direction From–Group Manager and Directors
- Role: Acts independently or as a team lead for ad-hoc teams
- Level of Customer Contact: Buyers/decision makers for small and mid-sized deals and end users
- Main Level of Interaction: Responsible for influencing the customer to purchase moderate size projects
- Required Knowledge of Customer: Operational strategies for success and competitors
- Business and Financial Impact: Responsible for individual revenue attainment with established prices and personal expenses
- Relative Size and Scope: Moderate to average individual quota size for business and like roles
- Types of Projects: Many transactions with some moderately complex deals
- Strategic Impact for Dust: Medium/mid-term
- Preferred Education: Engineering degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- Preferred Work Experience (years): 2-5 years of relevant work experience.
Key Skills and Competencies:
- Uses moderate domain /solutions knowledge.
- Applies Solution Selling concepts to customer situations; excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Understands policies and practices related to role and shares ideas for improvement.
- Higher level technical skills than typical sales criteria.
Details You Should Know
- Start Date: Immediately
- Location: Onsite
- Business HQ: Newton, MA
- Must have legal right to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Compensation: Market Competitive + Equity
- Travel: Minimal
- DUST Identity is an equal opportunity employer.
- Award-winning startup with a product that matters
- An abundance of snacks/coffee
- Medical, dental, vision, LTD, and life insurance
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Casual dress