Director of People and Culture
DUST Identity is a physical object security solution that uses nanodiamonds to securely tag physical objects so they are uniquely identifiable. Think of a barcode, but invisible and unfalsifiable. With DUST, customers can ensure that every physical object — whether an airplane part, microprocessor, or priceless artifact — is genuine.
DUST aims to become the industry standard for physical object identification and security.
The Director of People and Culture will be the first HR leader on our team. You will be responsible for enhancing culture, recruiting and retaining top talent, scaling the business and maximizing the potential of our team, DUST Identity’s greatest resource. To achieve these goals, you will collaborate closely with our VP Finance, CEO, and executive team. Since our inception, we’ve nurtured a dynamic and collaborative culture, one that is anchored in transparency and candor and you will influence and enhance this dynamic throughout our accelerating growth
What You'll Do
- Assess DUST Identity’s organizational needs and create and drive processes, policies, and workflows that are compliant, efficient, scalable, and reflect our values.
- Set a clear, compelling vision for how to attract, develop, and retain exceptional talent.
- Build, scale and reinforce our culture to be one where people want to build their careers
- Serve as a champion for an inclusive and equitable company culture and core values across the organization to ensure our culture thrives during rapid growth.
- Devise and sustain a comprehensive onboarding program throughout the organization that is designed to drive company values and role alignment from day one.
- Enhance our performance review process, ensuring consistent feedback conversations for leaders, managers, and individual contributors while also crafting our employee development strategy to balance employee career pathing with business growth objectives.
- Manage our employee benefits strategy, selection, and open enrollment, own our HR systems, payroll, and employee data, as well as partner with our executive team to deliver on compensation philosophy through total compensation plans, including salary and equity structures and compensation related cycles.
What You Bring
- 7-9 years of full-spectrum HR expertise (Talent Management, Talent Acquisition, Total Rewards, Employee Relations and Compliance) including at least 5 years within a venture-backed high-growth company where you’ve gained an appreciation of and embrace the unique challenges of scaling an organization.
- High degree of emotional intelligence and ability to drive company culture throughout the organization.
- Capacity to straddle the strategic and tactical to build and scale an employee centric, growth oriented, and performance driven culture.
- Commercial-minded with a keen understanding the strategic business goals and the tactical steps required to achieve those goals.
- Facility in working with, advising, and influencing senior leadership on all things HR.
- Internal client experience across both technical and non-technical populations with a deep understanding of the perspective of these segments in terms of what they care about in a role, team, and company.
- Overseen recruitment strategy and execution with aggressive and ever-increasing year-over-year hiring objectives without sacrificing culture and values.
- A proven operational thinker capable of designing and delivering efficient and effective scalable solutions.
Start Date: Immediately. Must have legal right to work in the United States without sponsorship.
Location: Framingham, MA
Compensation: Market Competitive + Equity
Note: Due to the nature of the projects involving the US government, only permanent residents or citizens of the US are eligible to apply
DUST Identity is an equal opportunity employer.
- Award winning startup with a product that matters
- An abundance of snacks/coffee
- Medical, dental, vision, LTD, and life insurance
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Casual dress
- Reverse commute with plenty of parking
At DUST Identity, we place the utmost importance on the health and safety of our team and our community. To do our part in limiting the spread, all team members that are able to work remotely during this time are doing so. We are sensitive to the individual concerns of each team member and continue to reassess as more information and guidelines are released by the community.
While we hope that the DUST team will eventually return to in-person work, we will remain remote for the foreseeable future.