DUST Identity provides security, integrity, and traceability to the world’s supply chains. DUST, or Diamond Unclonable Security Tag, uses diamond particles as unique and unclonable markers on individual items. Think of a barcode, but invisible, unfalsifiable, and made with diamonds! With DUST, customers can ensure that every physical object — whether an airplane part, microprocessor, or priceless work of art — is verified, authenticated, and ultimately, trusted.
DUST Identity is a fast-growing venture-backed startup at the intersection of innovations in materials, hardware, and software. DUST Identity is looking for new team members who are eager to take on the challenge of building the industry standard for physical object identification and security.
Our software offerings include a cloud service available in public and on-premises infrastructure, embedded software, machine learning, and image processing. Our technology has the potential of becoming a catalyst in the modernization of supply chain and manufacturing by enabling the transition of these industries from analog or hybrid solutions to fully digital workflows. We are passionate about delivering delightful user experiences for the wide range of end users - including developers who integrate our APIs and SDKs with their internal data stores and applications and warehouse operators who depend on our applications, hardware, and materials daily.
We’re looking for a dynamic, energetic, and technical Product Manager to join our Foundations team in guiding the development of the Digital Thread and Federated Physical Identity services - these are the cornerstones of our software. You will collaborate across teams and with customers to identify the core use cases and distill out the domain specific requirements from the agnostic ones.
Your contributions will include the following:
- Define our product roadmap and technical/feature specifications based on a long-term product vision, a deep understanding of technical & market trends and platform capabilities that aligns with our business and go-to-market strategy
- Conduct competitive analysis to inform product direction, differentiate us where strategically advantageous, and adhere to existing standards and norms where needed
- Become a driver of iterative development, working with our customers as well as cross-functional teams to hypothesize, measure impact, and learn from previous releases to iterate on future roadmap plans.
- Work closely with Engineering, acting as product owner building products that have the potential to scale our business, revolutionize the industry, and delight our customers
- Take accountability for the realization of the product vision through product delivery, company enablement, and market adoption. Act as a product leader and effectively communicate the vision to internal and external stakeholders
- Engage customers, prospects, partners, and industry resources to determine business requirements, technical considerations, and strategic objectives
What You Bring:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years working as a backend or dev-ops software engineer in one or more of the following areas: security solutions, SaaS, cloud platforms, e-commerce, supply chain/manufacturing software, identity management
- 2+ years working as a technical product manager or technical lead, preferably at a startup;
- Experience delivering data intensive applications, providing APIs, SDKs, and integrations as the product
- Experience driving all aspects of the product development lifecycle such as product vision, go-to-market strategy, driving requirements, and product launch.
- Demonstrated ability to dive deep into technology with the engineering teams to understand the trade-offs and complexities between desirable features and realities of execution
- Experience building relationships with customers, partners, and external stakeholders and effectively communicating highly technical material to non-technical audiences
- Analyze the competitive landscape to provide insights that help us evolve our product roadmap and business strategy.
Details You Should Know:
- Start Date: Immediately
- Must have legal right to work in the United States without restrictions or time limitations
- Location: Onsite, Hybrid or Remote
- Business HQ: Newton, MA
- Compensation: Market Competitive + Equity
- Travel: <20%
- DUST Identity is an equal opportunity employer
What We Offer:
- Award-winning startup with a product that matters
- An abundance of snacks/coffee
- Medical, dental, vision, LTD, and life insurance
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Casual dress