DUST Identity provides security, integrity, and traceability to the world’s supply chains. DUST, or Diamond Unclonable Security Tag, uses diamond particles as unique and unclonable markers on individual items. Think of a barcode, but invisible, unfalsifiable, and made with diamonds! With DUST, customers can ensure that every physical object — whether an airplane part, microprocessor, or priceless work of art — is verified, authenticated, and ultimately, trusted.
DUST Identity is a fast-growing venture-backed startup at the intersection of innovations in materials, hardware, and software. DUST Identity is looking for new team members who are eager to take on the challenge of building the industry standard for physical object identification and security.
We are looking for a Director of Client Operations to join our team. This individual will grow and oversee a team of Implementation Managers, Customer Experience Specialists, Solution Architects, and client support functions in order to provide world-class customer onboarding experiences and product support.
As a key leader within the Operations team, you will collaborate with Sales, Product, and Engineering to engage and support customers along their adoption journey by fostering successful use of DUST Identity solutions. Your team will own client relationships, coordinate and implement client solutions, and interface directly with users to provide training and support according to their business needs. You are front and center with DUST Identity’s customers by providing engagement oversight, resource orchestration, support, and issue escalation.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Spearhead the management of client implementation, operational, and service personnel across all verticals of focus
- Create and mature processes, both internally- and externally-facing, to scale the client-facing organization
- Refine the Client Operations organization design based on business needs and recruit top talent
- Interact directly with clients to understand business needs, deliver full implementation and support services, and collect key metrics and product feedback
- Partner directly with Sales to define client growth strategies, use cases, ROI, and other measurements of success
- Oversee the definition and execution of implementation plans based on client requirements and product capabilities by orchestrating resources, managing customer expectations, prioritizing tasks, and tracking requirements
- Collaborate with a variety of teams at DUST (Product, UX, Hardware Engineering, Software Engineering) to balance resources and drive forward cross-functional, client-facing deliverables
- Serve as an expert user of DUST products and apply that expertise to a wide variety of client solution needs
- Oversee the technical support process including tracking issues, escalations, and planning for the remediation of technical blockers through engineering feedback to further our product
- Generate and deliver periodic reports on client and organization status
What You Bring
- 10+ years of experience in project management and client delivery
- 3+ years of experience managing a customer-facing team
- Experience working in a high-growth tech startup environment
- Strong communication skills, as well as displaying executive presence and confidence in various customer situations
- Background in project management and process improvement (bonus if in a startup environment)
- Demonstrated attention to detail and ability to deconstruct complex tasks into constituent parts
- Experience working in collaborative teams of engineers, product managers, sales, and marketing
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Finance, or a Technical Field preferred
Details You Should Know
- Start Date: Immediately
- Must have legal right to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Location: Framingham, MA
- Compensation: Market Competitive + Equity
- Travel: 15-25%
- DUST Identity is an equal opportunity employer
What We Offer
- Award-winning startup with a product that matters
- An abundance of snacks/coffee
- Medical, dental, vision, LTD, and life insurance
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Casual dress
In accordance with client requirements on DUST Identity, new employees will be required to provide proof of vaccination or exempt status prior to starting employment.