DUST Identity provides security, integrity, and traceability to the world’s supply chains. DUST, or Diamond Unclonable Security Tag, uses diamond particles as unique and unclonable markers on individual items. Think of a barcode, but invisible, unfalsifiable, and made with diamonds! With DUST, customers can ensure that every physical object — whether an airplane part, microprocessor, or priceless work of art — is verified, authenticated, and ultimately, trusted.
DUST Identity is a fast-growing venture-backed startup at the intersection of innovations in materials, hardware, and software. DUST Identity is looking for new team members who are eager to take on the challenge of building the industry standard for physical object identification and security.
DUST Identity is seeking a Senior IT Engineer to join a rapidly growing team. Working on-site in our corporate headquarters, you will be responsible for the information systems hardware, services, and security that drive company-wide productivity and communications. You will oversee infrastructure elements inclusive of office networks, device management and digital identities, along with management of day-to-day operational logistics and support for on-site and remote employees.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Implement and maintain IT technologies that improve the security, scalability, and reliability of DUST Identity’s IT infrastructure. Identify, propose, and implement automation improvements for deployment, management, tooling, and visibility
- Serve as the company’s technical expert on IT design, implementation, and ongoing operations. Familiarity with hybrid cloud approaches is a plus.
- Manage a blend of Windows, MacOS, and Linux-based corporate systems and applications; Assist with system administration where required
- Offer technical assistance on the delivery, configuration, set-up and lock-down, maintenance, and troubleshooting of computer systems, hardware, software, SaaS products, A/V, and videoconferencing with a continued emphasis on security management and system hardening and tooling
- Follow ITIL and ITSM best practices; Enhance and maintain IT asset tracking and inventory management; leads our change management, problem management, and incident management processes
- Configuration of servers, switches, routers, VPNs, firewalls, including set-up and patching of devices and configuration of security zones
- Implement and oversee single-sign-on solutions for corporate applications
- Conduct network surveys of our MA and out-of-state offices, determine, select and install new AP’s based on site survey results and ensure seamless wifi transition between both offices
- Contribute to cross-functional projects of significant scope and scale, working with other team leaders to manage shared systems, processes, and projects
- Act as the primary internal resource for all IT-related items, responding to employee requests via multiple channels including installation and maintenance of approved software on company devices; lead IT-related aspects of new hire onboarding
- Build our internal IT knowledge base by consistently documenting systems and procedures as our the company expands
What You Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field or equivalent experience.
- 8+ years IT experience in a mid-size organization supporting both on-site and remotely distributed team members
- Strong technical understanding of Microsoft Windows, MacOS and Linux
- Demonstrated experience configuring, maintaining, securing, and supporting corporate IT network infrastructure (VPNs, Switches, Firewalls, Routers, DNS, LAN, WAN)
- Awareness of device, identity, & access management systems (e.g. RMM, BYOD, Intune, Manage Engine, Azure AD, Active Directory, JAMF).
- Experience with information security management and system hardening concepts and tooling (Patch Management, Vulnerability Analysis, Endpoint Protection, Certificate Management, PKI, Disk Encryption)
- Familiarity with business collaboration systems (e.g. Google Workspace, Slack, Zoom)
- Familiarity with A/V hardware and video conferencing systems (e.g. Zoom, Google Meet)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; a proclivity for documentation
- Self-directed, with an aptitude for continual learning
- Systematic, with the ability to trace technical issues and document processes
Details You Should Know
- Start Date: Immediately
- Must have legal right to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Location: Framingham, MA
- Compensation: Market Competitive + Equity
- Travel: <5%
- DUST Identity is an equal opportunity employer
What We Offer
- Award-winning startup with a product that matters
- An abundance of snacks/coffee
- Medical, dental, vision, LTD, and life insurance
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Casual dress