IT Support Specialist
DUST Identity is a physical object security solution that uses nano-diamonds to securely tag physical objects so they are uniquely identifiable. Enabled by the development of new materials, cutting edge hardware, and exciting machine vision, DUST’s customers can ensure that every physical object - whether an airplane part, microprocessor, or priceless artifact - is genuine.
DUST aims to become the industry standard for physical object identification and security.
Working on-site in our Framingham headquarters, you will be responsible for the information systems hardware, services, and systems and security that drive company-wide productivity and communications. Oversee infrastructure elements inclusive of office networks, device management and digital identities, along with day-to-day operational logistics and support to on-site and remote employees.
What You'll Do
- Be our primary internal resource for all IT-related items, respond to employee requests by phone, email, chat, in-person, or through remote access, including installation and maintenance of approved software on employee computers, as well as new hire onboarding account set-up and day one orientation.
- Offer technical assistance on the delivery, configuration, set-up and lock-down, maintenance, and troubleshooting of computer systems, hardware, software, SaaS products, A/V and videoconferencing with a continued emphasis on security management and system hardening and tooling.
- Follows ITIL and ITSM best practices. Helps create and maintain IT Asset Tracking and Inventory Management. Leads our Change Management, Problem Management, and Incident Management Processes
- Configuration of servers, switches, routers, vpns, firewalls, including set-up and patching of devices and configuration of security zones.
- Conduct network surveys of our MA and out-of-state offices, determine, select and install new AP’s based on site survey results and ensure seamless wifi transition between both offices.
- Enter and update written IT tracking tickets, build our internal IT knowledge base, while consistently documenting systems and procedures as our team expands.
What You Bring
- 8-10 years IT support experience in a mid-size organization supporting both on-site and remotely distributed team members.
- Strong technical understanding of Microsoft Windows, MacOS and Linux
- Familiarity with computer networking concepts and systems (e.g. VPN, TCP/IP, UDP, DNS, Firewall, LAN, WAN).
- Awareness of device, identity, & access management systems (e.g. RMM, BYOD, Intune, Manage Engine, Azure AD, Active Directory, JAMF..
- Experience with information security management and system hardening concepts and tooling (Patch Management, Vulnerability Analysis, Endpoint Protection, Certificate Management, PKI, Disk Encryption).
- Familiarity with business collaboration systems (e.g. Google Workspace, Slack, Zoom).
- Familiarity with A/V hardware and video conferencing systems (e.g. Zoom, Google Meet).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; a proclivity to documentation
- Self-directed, with an aptitude for continual learning.
- Systematic, with the ability to trace technical issues and document processes.
Start Date: Immediately. Must have legal right to work in the United States without sponsorship.
Location: Framingham, MA
Compensation: Market Competitive + Equity
Note: Due to the nature of the projects involving the US government, only permanent residents or citizens of the US are eligible to apply.
DUST Identity is an equal opportunity employer.
- Working on a product that matters.
- Commercializing technology (quantum and blockchain).
- Flex work locations can be accommodated for certain roles.
- An abundance of snacks/coffee.
- Medical and dental insurance.
- Flexible paid time off policy.
- Vision insurance.
- Casual dress.
- Reverse commute with plenty of parking.
- 10-minute walk from the train station.