DUST is a cutting-edge physical identity technology that provides an unbreakable bond between valuable assets and their digital records. An MIT spinoff, backed by top-tier VC and Industry players, DUST Identity is taking on a vast global market opportunity. We aim high, and need self starters and problem solvers who thrive when challenges are great, and potential is greater.
We are looking for knowledge and experience, but above all care about character and cultural fit. DUST Identity is an equal opportunity employer.
The DUST Identity Operations team is growing, and we’re looking for energetic lab technicians who want to be part of a critical and growing chemical lab and engineering team. This role is an exciting opportunity to get involved with an early-stage company and to have a long-lasting impact. It’s an opportunity to grow your skill set and to dive into a company where you can assist in laying the foundations of a large production and engineering group. If you’re looking for ownership and autonomy and are motivated to join a growing team where you have the opportunity to join at the ground level, let’s talk!
- Follow accepted SOPs, carefully record all aspects of work and diagnose any issues that arise to produce and modify complex nano-materials.
- Keep lab (chemical and engineering) areas organized and clean
- Work in both chemical and engineering labs on a wide range of projects to help drive the company forward.
- Perform routine maintenance on common lab equipment including pH meters, balances, water purifiers, freezers, etc. in order for equipment to operate properly and be ready for use at all times. Will work with laboratory manager to arrange for maintenance and repairs when necessary to minimize instrument downtime.
- Assist in preparing project data summaries, presentations, reports, and funding applications on an as needed basis.
- Maintain inventory of commonly used chemicals and supplies. This includes placing orders and ensuring the timely arrival of necessary materials in order to avoid interruption of processes.
- Assist in managing records and data to be sure that all information is properly stored (including backups, organized, and accessible).
- Maintain MSDS for all laboratories.
- Assist in other projects and tasks as needed.
Required Skills & Experience
- Minimum of bachelors degree in chemistry, chemical engineering or similar technical background.
- 0-2 years basic laboratory skills and experience.
- Demonstrated high quality work (either post-graduation or in high level courses) in a chemical laboratory setting.
- Understanding and basic knowledge of general safe lab practices
- Excellent understanding of general chemistry principles, good lab hygiene and nano-material synthesis.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Masters degree in chemistry, chemical engineering or similar technical field.
- Experience working in chemical production environments
- Experience synthesizing and modifying complex nano-materials
Start Date: Immediately
Location: Framingham, MA
Compensation: Market Competitive