Commercial Sales Executive
DUST Identity is a physical object security solution that uses nano-diamonds to securely tag physical objects so they are uniquely identifiable. Enabled by the development of new materials, cutting edge hardware, and exciting machine vision, DUST’s customers can ensure that every physical object - whether an airplane part, microprocessor, or priceless artifact - is genuine.
DUST aims to become the industry standard for physical object identification and security.
We are looking for a Commercial Sales Executive to drive DUST’s adoption in commercial sectors.
The Commercial Sales Executive role requires a hands-on, results-oriented individual who is organized, a great communicator, and able to work in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate will possess a business background that enables them to drive engagement at the CxO/VP-level, as well as engineering fluency that enables them to easily interact with cross-functional stakeholders in technical roles. They should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges.
The Commercial Sales Executive’s primary responsibility is to identify, qualify, and close new commercial customers for DUST Identity. Along the way, they will work as part of an interdisciplinary go-to-market team to quantify the benefits of DUST in various applications and shape external messaging to accelerate customer adoption.
Prior enterprise sales experience in key B2B commercial sectors - electronic hardware and components, cybersecurity, capital equipment - is a necessity for the role.
What You’ll Do
- Manage all phases of the sales cycle from discovery through contracts
- Efficiently vet leads, map stakeholders, identify decision makers, and generate a pipeline of qualified prospects
- Study the prospect’s business and be able to persuasively discover, educate and inform customers of how DUST works within the context of their company
- Deliver sales pitches, product demos, and other valuable data to potential prospects in a way that promotes DUST Identity’s brand, value propositions, and helps the audience solidify their need for the product
- Present clear verbal and written technical explanations to customers, tailoring content and style to the audience and sector
- Be the customers’ trusted advisor for information on the benefits, design, installation, and operation of DUST systems
- Collaborate effectively with other team members in sales and marketing, and communicate the needs of new customers to the broader DUST Identity team
- Meet or exceed sales targets for closed business
- Accurately forecast opportunities and update the CRM
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of B2B enterprise sales experience
- Established track record of meeting sales targets in any of the following sectors: electronics, hardware security, cybersecurity, or supply chain risk management
- High level of written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Creativity, curiosity, and a desire to solve customer problems
- Bachelor’s degree in a STEM field or business
- Experience selling products with both hardware and SaaS components
- Understanding of trends in supply chain management technologies
Start Date: Immediately. Must have legal right to work in the United States without sponsorship.
Location: Framingham, MA.
Compensation: Market Competitive + Equity.
DUST Identity is an equal opportunity employer.
- Join an award-winning, venture-backed startup addressing critical issues in the global supply chain
- An abundance of snacks/coffee
- Medical, dental, vision, LTD, and life insurance
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Casual dress
- Reverse commute with plenty of parking